GOLETA, Calif., October 30, 2020 / PRNewswire / – Deckers Brands (NYSE: DECK), a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of innovative footwear, apparel and accessories, today released its Creating Change FY20 Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability Report, including its progress towards its sustainable development goals.
Deckers Brands has been reporting its environmental and social impacts since 2014 and its Creation of a modification report details the company’s aspirations to advance environmental and social improvements across its business, brand portfolio, global supply chain and communities around the world. The report highlights the achievements of the baseline year April 1, 2019 To March 31, 2020.
“These are critical times when we must all play our part in achieving the sustainable development goals of the United Nations Global Compact and the vision set out in the Paris Agreement to create a sustainable and resilient future. ” noted Dave Powers, President and CEO, Deckers Brands. “We believe in transformative change – change that is only possible with a focused and transparent approach. We recognize that sustainability is a journey and we are committed to doing our part to create change for our employees, our communities and our planet.”
Deckers brands Creation of a modification report Strong points
- Launching bold corporate-level equity, inclusion and diversity (HIA) goals and brand-level marketing related representation goals.
- Over 97% of the hides used in our product come from Leather Working Group certified tanneries with a commitment to ensure 100% by 2022.
- Over 97% of the wool used by Deckers is recycled wool which is wool harvested from our double-sided sheepskin product.
- Empowering the livelihoods of over 33,000 supply chain workers through its partnership with Business for Social Responsibility (BSR) HERproject. Goal of empowering 100,000 women by 2027.
- 100% of Level 1 partners audited and over 91% were either Champion, Excellent, or Strong, meaning they scored 70-100% on their audit.
- Commitment to incorporate more certified responsible and sustainable materials in its products, in particular recycled, renewable, regenerated and natural.
- The near completion of a life cycle assessment of its raw materials which allows our brands to seek better and more sustainable material alternatives in their products.
- Continuous monitoring of waste generation, waste diversion, energy and water consumption of its supply chain partners, including tracking progress towards our ambitious goals.
- A commitment to explore more sophisticated carbon accounting measures, including working with expert partners to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in line with the Paris Agreement, and plans to set science targets in 2021.
- Partnership with the Savory Institute as pioneer founders of the Land to Market program, working to protect and reverse environmental degradation.
- A commitment to his Moreno Valley distribution center will be a zero waste facility by 2023.
- Committed to $ 1 million in COVID-19 relief donations.
You can find more information about Deckers Brands and its Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability report on Creating Change at www.deckers.com/responsibility.
About Deckers brands
Deckers Brands is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of innovative footwear, apparel and accessories developed for both everyday and casual use and for high performance activities. The Company’s brand portfolio includes UGG®, Koolaburra®, HOKA ONE ONE®, Suits you® and Sanuk®. Deckers Brands products are sold in over 50 countries and territories through certain department and specialty stores, company-owned and operated retail stores, and certain online stores, including websites owned by the company. Deckers Brands has a history of over 40 years of building niche footwear brands into lifestyle market leaders attracting millions of loyal consumers around the world. For more information, please visit www.deckers.com.
SOURCE Deckers Brands