OCTA initiatives for 2022 focus on fairness, transparency, fiscal and environmental responsibility
The Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) says that for 2022 it will focus on continuing to build a fair and balanced transportation system that is fiscally conservative with taxpayer dollars and protects the public. environment that makes Orange County such a special place to live.
This is according to the 2022 Board and CEO Strategic Initiatives and Action Plan, which were unveiled at the Board Meeting by OCTA President Mark A. Murphy, Mayor of Orange and OCTA CEO Darrell E. Johnson.
Each January, the newly elected president works with the CEO to formulate and present the document that guides the agency’s efforts through the coming year. OCTA continues to prioritize safety as Orange County faces the ongoing effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
“I am extremely proud of how OCTA has adapted to meet the challenges of the public health crisis over the past two years. As we move forward, it’s clear that we need to remain highly adaptable to meet the transportation needs of all of Orange County,” said Chairman Murphy. “These initiatives have charted a solid course, and I look forward to working with the rest of the board to deliver on these promises to move Orange County forward.”
“While we have never wavered from our commitment to safety throughout the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, I am also very proud that we have focused on our future and moved forward,” said CEO Johnson. “I feel good about our ambitious plans for the year ahead and I am confident in our ability to deliver on this innovative and balanced plan.”
Initiatives and action plan
The elements of the plan include the following:
Balanced and fair transportation
- Maximize the efficiency of mobility options
- Make improvements to the Measure M2 infrastructure
- Connect with stakeholders from diverse and disadvantaged communities
Fiscal and environmental responsibility and adaptability
- Demonstrate financial stewardship and administer public funds responsibly
- Anticipate and adapt to changing conditions
- Advocate for sustainability and environmental stewardship
Organizational excellence, partnership and transparency
- Collaborate with regional stakeholders and provide unparalleled customer service
- Embrace an inclusive work culture and strengthen diversity
- Modernizing the workplace and fostering employee growth and safety